Equator is imaginary line around the middle of earth which is equidistant from north pole and south pole. 78 % of Equator lies mostly on the ocean and the rest is over countries of central Africa and south America. EQUATOR passes through following countries of World:
- Republic of the Congo
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- São Tomé and Príncipe
Interesting Facts of Equator
- Sun rising and setting take less time and transition from day to night or night to day is Fastest.
- Distance from center of the Earth is more than any other locations.
- Gravitational pull is slightly weaker.
- The rotational speed of surface is also higher than poles.