A constitution is set of basic rules based on which state is governed.It is mostly written down in a single comprehensive document. This term is derived from Latin word constitutio which means regulations and orders. For country, this terms is used for rules that define the relationship between institution of states, nature and extent of government authorities of a country. Relationship between the executive, legislature, judiciary of a country is also defined by it. It establishes basic rights of individual citizens and provide a foundation for territory laws to be derived from it.
Why UK/Britain has no constitution ?
A famous historical saying “No Act of Parliament can be unconstitutional, for the law of the land knows not the word or the idea”. UK’s supreme law is a legislation done by parliament that can pass statutes that it wishes and they don’t need to have any written constitution to be followed. Whereas in other countries legislation contradicting constitution is forbidden and special procedure are adopted to amend the constitution itself before any such legislation.
See more of your interest:
- Top 10 Busiest Airports in the World by Passenger Traffic
- Top 10 Wind Energy Producing Countries 2013
- Ten Countries with Lowest Divorce Rate
- Countries with Highest Rate of Sexual Offences Against Children
- Where is the Game of Lacrosse Most Popular/Played
- Top 10 Countries with Best Road System
- Countries with Best Cuisines/Food Recipes
- Which Country has Highest Teenage Pregnancy Rate
- Top 5 largest Libraries in the World
- Which Countries are Located on Equator Line
- Top 10 Countries having Highest Salaries in the World
- Top 10 Countries with Most Mobile Phone Users
- Where is the Highest Waterfall in the World Located
- Ten Countries with Most Marines in the World
- Top 10 Countries With Highest Number of Crime in the World
- Which Countries Have the Most Gold?
- Top Ten Countries with the Most Debt in the World
- The Top Countries with Nuclear Missiles
- Ten Countries with Least Internet Censorship
- 30 Safest Countries with Least Natural Disaster Risk