Touring around the world is a fantastic way to spend your leisure time, now it’s easier than ever to visit distant places of your dreams but not all cities are as alluring as you think. Every city has number of crime issues that can trap visitors into unbelievable dangerous level of violence. Drug trafficking, gang wars, political instability, corruption, and poverty are most common factors that are largely involved to make cities the most dangerous in the world even gun restriction laws do not affect violent criminals but only disarm innocent people and leave them at the mercy of criminals.
Most of the world’s murders happened in countries of Latin America where homicide rate is highest. The overwhelming majority of the most violent cities in the world are part of Latin America where murder violence is higher than the world average, especially in Honduras, Venezuela and Mexico where condition is continuously getting worse with everyday passed, and now it has become the most dangerous city in term of murder and violence. Venezuela, Guatemala, El Salvador, Mexico and Brazil are the home of the most violent cities of the world. Improved performance of the police resulted in commendable decrease of violence in some cities of Colombia and El Salvador but lack of transparency and falsifying figures, by some countries to simulate lower than the actual crime rate, is the biggest challenge in ranking cities based on violence and murder rate. Below is the list of top ten most dangerous cities with highest murder rate that should be avoided to visit.
|1||San Pedro Sula||Honduras||1,411||753.99||187.14|
|13||Salvador (and RMS)||Brazil||2,234||3884435||57.51|
|20||Cape Town||South Africa||1,905||3740026||50.94|
See more of your interest:
- Ten Least Peaceful Countries of the World
- Top Ten Countries With Highest Robbery Rate
- Ten Countries with Highest Car Theft Rate
- Which are Least Corrupt Countries In The World
- Ten Countries with the Highest Kidnapping Rates
- Top 10 Countries With Highest Number of Crime in the World
- The 10 Countries With The Highest Personal Security: OECD
- Top Ten Worst Child Labor Countries in the World
- Countries with Highest Rate of Sexual Offences Against Children
- Nine Countries with Least Violent Crime