External debt is inevitably to keep pace of development in the country but it is also considered harmful for the economy if GDP is unable to repay current and future debt due to the inability to produce and sell goods and make a profitable return as result country may resort to more external debt and burden get accumulated. Since external debt are always payable in foreign currency to nonresidents and largely affected by exchange rate of currencies and if local currency depreciate or deliberately devalued to decrease import, burden of foreign debt also goes increased. Here are top ten Countries with the most external debt.
|RANK||COUNTRY||GROSS EXTERNAL DEBT POSITION: 2013 First Quarter ( jan-mar) (US$ Billions)|
See more of your interest:
- Which are the Countries Using Euro Currency
- World’s Top 10 Poorest Countries with Lowest GDP per Capita
- Top 10 Richest Countries in the World
- Which Country is Best to do Business in?
- Which is the Poorest Country in the World
- The 30 Most Prosperous Countries In The World
- Countries with the Highest Interest Rates in the World
- 20 Countries with the Lowest National Debt 2015
- Countries having the Biggest Stock Exchanges in the World
- Ten Countries That are Being Ruined by Least Efficient Government