Prosperity is the key to bring peace in the world but due to deterioration in safety, security and freedom, most nations are come under threat of least development and consequently become least prosperous. Health and economic growth have strong link and countries, which spend the least on healthcare are in sub-Saharan Africa, are facing highest incidences of tuberculosis and of respiratory diseases and vulnerable to an outbreak like Ebola that eventually retard economic growth and prosperity. Increase in state violence, refugee numbers, weak health infrastructure, grievances, security risk and limited freedom is the common characteristics of least prosperous countries.
The Legatum Institute, a London think tank, attempted to rank the least happiest countries in the world based on The Prosperity Index that provide unique insight into how prosperity is forming and changing across the world and take eight basic variables into account while defining real happiness. Economy, entrepreneurship plus opportunity, governance, education, health, safety plus security, personal freedom and social capital are main focus of this index that have strong relation with prosperity.
According to the Prosperity Index, sub-Saharan Africa is the home to most of the least prosperous nations of the world. Of the 30 nations ranking at bottom of the index, 23 of those were African nations. The remaining are those struggling with freedom and economy or facing revolution and war. Norway is the most prosperous nation in the world for the sixth year in a row, according to the report. Here are the 30 least prosperous nations.
See more of your interest:
- Ten Poorest Countries in the World
- Which are the Countries Using Euro Currency
- Ten Biggest Lending Countries of the World
- Top 10 Countries with Highest Employment Rates in the World
- Top 10 Countries with Largest Foreign Exchange Reserves
- World’s Top 10 Poorest Countries with Lowest GDP per Capita
- Top 10 Countries With The Lowest Levels Of Public Debt
- Ten Countries with the Most External Debt
- 20 Countries with the Highest Inflation Rate 2015
- Top 10 Busiest Airports in the World by Passenger Traffic